COVID-19 and Our Response
Your safety and the safety of our communities is our priority. As the situation surrounding the coronavirus continues to evolve, we are taking extra measures to ensure the ongoing safety of our customers and employees while delivering safe, reliable service to you.
RG&E will begin to resume work that was delayed by the COVID-19 situation. RG&E President and CEO Carl Taylor shares a message with you about the phased approach and what you can expect.
Help With Bills
- If you have experienced a change in financial circumstances due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we can provide options to protect your residential service. Disconnection protection and payment plans with no down payment, fees, or interest are available to help our residential customers, but it's important you contact us at 877.266.3492 or use our online form. Contact us today to learn how we can help.
- If you are a small business with 25 or fewer employees and have experienced a change in financial circumstances due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may qualify for disconnection protection and flexible payment plans with no down payment, fees, or interest. Please contact us at 877.266.3492 or use our online form to learn more about how we can help.
- We know financial circumstances have changed for many. In addition to other steps, we've suspended late payment charges.
- We have suspended all disconnections for non-payment.
- We've also suspended required security deposits for new residential accounts to help you easily get started with new service.
- Please call us if you would like to discuss your account and manage your payments.
- You may qualify for assistance. Please visit our Help With Bill page or call 877.266.3492 to learn more.
- HEAP and Emergency HEAP are currently open and accepting applications.
- Project SHARE Heating Fund. Your donation helps income-eligible customers with energy emergencies. Active duty military personnel and well-discharged veterans with an active disconnect notice may qualify for help regardless of income. Thank you!
Online Account Management Tools
We strongly encourage you to use our digital tools:
- Download the new FREE Mobile App by texting APP to 697-348 and we'll send you a link to download the app, or searching RG&E at the App Store or Google Play. With the Mobile App you can view and pay your bill, report an outage and submit a meter reading.
- Call our self-service number 800.295.7323 anytime 24/7 to enter a meter reading, pay your bill, check your account balance, and more.
- Use our website to pay your bill, report outages, start new service, submit a meter reading, and more.
- Make a one-time e-payment or credit card payment online at your convenience. You may also enroll in eBill to continue receiving and paying your bill online.
- Email your non-urgent requests to customer_service@rge,com
Maintaining Safe and Reliable Service for You
For your safety, please note the following service adjustments:
- Service visits: As we resume previously suspended work that requires entry into customer homes, we continue to take precautions for your safety and ours. We will continue to practice physical social distancing in our interactions, wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary and confirm if anyone in your household is sick, experiencing symptoms, or tested positive for COVID-19 so that we can reschedule or take appropriate measures as needed.
- Pay in Person: We are temporarily closing our walk-in offices until further notice. We encourage you to pay online. If you must pay in person, please confirm whether the locations are open before traveling.
- Energy Efficiency Programs: Energy Efficiency program activities are in the process of being resumed after temporary suspensions due to COVID-19. Prior to resuming program activities, our program partners are required to review and adhere to all New York State Safe Return to Work guidelines. Visit our Smart Energy page and click on specific programs for more information.
- Scam Alert: We have recently received reports of scammers attempting to take advantage of the current public health crisis. We urge customers to be on the alert.
- Learn more about how to protect yourself from scams.
- Report coronavirus fraud and get more info at justice.gov/coronavirus
Food Bank of Central New York
Counties Served: Cayuga, Chenango, Cortland, Herkimer, Jefferson, Onondaga, Oneida, Madison, Lewis, and Cortland
Food Bank of the Southern Tier
Counties Served: Broome, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, and Tompkins
Counties Served: Allegany, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates
Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
Direct customers to the Find Food tab
Counties Served: Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Orange, Otsego, Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Schoharie, Schenectady, Sullivan, Ulster, Warren, and Washington
RG&E, in partnership with the Avangrid Foundation, recently announced an additional donation of $125,000 to emergency response organizations in the Greater Rochester region to support their ongoing COVID-19 response and recovery efforts. The funds will be distributed to the Rochester Community Crisis Fund and five local food resource organizations and programs.