Time Of Use Rates
Using electricity during mid-peak and off-peak service times may lower your electricity bill.
What is the Time-of-Use rate?
During on-peak hours, when customer demands for electricity are highest, the cost of providing electricity is greater than at off-peak hours, when customer demand is lower. With the Time-of-Use service rate, your cost varies according to the period in which you use the electricity. If you use electricity when demand is high (on-peak), your cost will be higher. However, if you use electricity when the demand is low (off-peak), your cost will be lower.
Will I save money using the Time-of-Use rate?
Customers who shift a large portion of their use of major electrical appliances to off-peak hours may save money. The important thing to remember is that the Time-of-Use service rate gives customers with high electricity usage an opportunity to control their bill by shifting use to off-peak periods.
If you use electricity when the demand is low (off-peak), your costs may be lower. The Time-of-Use service rate gives customers with high electricity usage an opportunity to control their bill by shifting use to off-peak periods. Peak Hours: Are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. All remaining hours are “off-peak” hours.
How do I apply for the Time-of-Use rate?
If you think you would benefit from the Time-of-Use service rate, please call us at 800.743.2110.
- What is a supplier other than RG&E, an energy services company or an ESCO?
- I would like to purchase my electricity supply at a fixed price. How do I do so?
- What options do I have to purchase my electricity supply?
- What if I change my mind about my electricity supplier pricing option?
- If I have an ESCO provide my electricity supply, whom do I call if I have problems with electricity service?