Station 156 Project
Station 156 Project
As part of our commitment to provide safe, reliable service to all our customers, Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation (RG&E), in conjunction with our parent company – AVANGRID, is updating the delivery system in our service areas. These upgrades comply with new electric transmission reliability
requirements. While making investments to meet the community’s growing energy demands, we are working closely with our neighbors to ensure that all improvements are performed with minimal disruption to the environment and the communities we serve.
Project Purpose and Need
To comply with more stringent reliability standards issued by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), we are planning an upgrade of certain components of the electric delivery systems in the Village of Manchester. Specifically, we will be rebuilding Station 156 to increase its capacity, improve its asset conditions, and enhance the reliability requirements of the station for our valued RG&E customers.
This upgrade project will improve the overall resiliency of the entire system while simultaneously modernizing the substation’s technological components.
- Rebuilding the existing substation to convert three distribution lines from 4kV to 12kV.
- Installing an On-Load Tap Changer (OLTC) transformer bank.
- Installing state of art Gas Insulated Switchgear/Breakers for both the 34.5kV feeders and 12kV distribution lines.
- Replacing the two existing outdated transformers with a new single 34.5-12kv, 10/12/14MVA unit.
- Establishing redundancy back-up reinforcements via adjacent area substations.
- Replacing the existing Control House and corresponding perimeter fencing with new structures positioned at another location within property.
- Installing new perimeter lighting for potential contingency work.
To view the Station 156 Fact Sheet, click here .
For more information or questions
Please contact the Projects Information Line at 1-888-553-5411 and include the name of the project – Station 156 – with your detailed message. A representative from the project team will return your call within three (3) business days.