Before you choose to purchase your energy supply from RG&E or a supplier other than RG&E (also known as an energy services company or ESCO), consider suppliers’ answers to the questions below. With any supplier you choose, RG&E will continue to deliver your energy safely and reliably.
- What is your charge per kilowatt-hour or therm for energy supply?
- Is this a fixed charge or does it vary depending on: market price, time-of-day, season or use?
- What is the length of the agreement or contract?
- Is there a security deposit, cancellation fee or other fees?
- Can I switch at any time?
- Do you have any incentives if I switch?
- Will I save money if I switch and do you guarantee savings?
- When will I be billed for energy supply and are your charges included in my RG&E delivery bill?
- If I have questions about your charges, how do I contact you?
- What procedures are in place if I have a question or a complaint with you as my supplier?