Multi-Family Energy Efficiency
My tenants and I can all save energy and save money?
YES! Our energy efficiency program for multi-family residences provides equipment replacement and rebates designed to reduce electricity and/or natural gas use in apartment and condominium complexes. Submit a direct install applicationor contact us to get started today.
Say YES to Your Energy Savings!
WHAT WE OFFER
Free installation of energy-efficient products such as:
- LEDs in dwelling units
- Energy-efficient faucet aerators and showerheads, and water heater pipe wrap in apartments and condominiums where water is heated by electricity or natural gas
- Screw-in LEDs in common areas in conjunction with in-unit installation
Rebates for installing qualified lighting measures* in common areas such as:
- Interior LED lamps, fixtures and exit signs
- Exterior LED fixtures including wall packs, floodlights, canopy lights and pole lights
- Occupancy sensors
Please note: an authorized trade ally must perform the installation to qualify for the rebates. Contact the program team at 800.444.5668 for a list of authorized trade allies.
*All measures must meet eligibility requirements to qualify for rebates.
- Increased tenant satisfaction
- Improved appearance to your building
- Decreased maintenance
- Lower energy bills for apartment/condominium residents
- Lower energy bills for building owners
HOW TO ENROLL
Complete and submit a direct install applicationto qualify your eligibility and get scheduled for your free installation.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- Residents or owners/agents of apartment and condominium complexes with
an active RG&E electricity and/or natural gas service.
- Property owners and agents may call 800.444.5668 to determine if their buildings are eligible for a free assessment.
Print our program overview
All equipment replacements and installations will be performed by our contractor Franklin Energy.
Our Multi-Family Energy Efficiency program is being offered in accordance with a July 2009 New York State Public Service Commission order approving efficiency programs for utilities across the state.
If you are a commercial contractor or consultant providing energy efficient equipment or services to our customers, visit our trade ally website.