Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation AutoPay Electronic Funds Transfer Terms and Conditions Agreement
This AutoPay Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement (“EFT Agreement”) is by and between Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation, its successors and assigns (“RG&E”), and each customer of RG&E (“Customer”) electing to use the AutoPay Electronic Funds Transfer Program (the “Service”). This Agreement governs Customer's use of the Service.
- The Service consists of (i) the AutoPay Electronic Funds Transfer program, which provides monthly payment of customer bills by automatic deduction of the amount due from the customer's designated bank account. Payment will be deducted electronically 23 days after the bill is issued to the customer.
- By enrolling in the Service online, by mail or by telephone, and by using the Service, Customer agrees to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Customer's use of the Service is also governed by RG&E’s PSC Tariff No. 119 found on RG&E's website. Other than the method of payment set forth in the Tariffs, the Tariffs remain in full force and effect and do not change because of Customer's election to use the Service. Customer should review the Tariff for any applicable fees (including Late Payment Charges).
The following terms shall have the following meanings as used in this Agreement:
- “Business Day” means Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Reserve holidays and RG&E holidays.
- “Due Date” means the date payment is due at RG&E in order to avoid a Late Payment Charge. This date is shown on Customer’s RG&E bill.
- “Non-Sufficient Funds Charge” or “NSF” means a fee applied to Customer’s RG&E account for any Returned Payments.
- “Payment Account” means Customer’s checking account from which bill payments will be made.
- “Payment Amount” means the authorized dollar amount selected by Customer to be paid from the Payment Account.
- “Payment Instruction” means the payment information provided by Customer to the Service for a series of recurring payments to be made to RG&E from the Payment Account.
- “Returned Payment” means a payment that cannot be processed for any reason or that is not approved by Customer’s financial institution.
- “Scheduled Payment Date” means the Day upon which Payment will be submitted for debit against the Payment Account. A Scheduled Payment Date that falls on a non-Business Day will be processed the next Business Day.
- “Service Provider” means any third party providing the Service on behalf of RG&E.
III. AUTOPAY ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER SERVICE
To use the AutoPay Electronic Funds Transfer Service, Customer will need the following:
- A valid bank account
- Active RG&E service
- Upon an election by Customer to use the AutoPay Electronic Funds Transfer Service, Customer authorizes RG&E to make arrangements with the bank or financial institution specified by the customer to deduct the customer's RG&E payments, including any previous balance, from the customer's bank account. Customer also understands that they may discontinue participation in the electronic funds transfer service at any time by informing RG&E of their intentions in writing to RG&E or by using the address listed on the back of their RG&E bill.
- Customer agrees to regularly review Customer’s RG&E account bills.
- Customer agrees to maintain a valid bank account and to notify RG&E of any changes in such account. The accuracy of that bank account is entirely Customer's responsibility and in particular, but without limitation, should that bank account ever become invalid or should Customer wish to change the bank account to another bank account, it shall be Customer's responsibility to notify RG&E of such change in writing with 14 business days' notice. Customer shall remain fully liable for any bills of which notification has been sent to Customer's previous account.
IV. ELECTRONIC BILL PAYMENT
By providing RG&E with Payment Instructions, either online, by mail or by telephone, Customer authorizes RG&E’s Service Provider to debit Customer’s Payment Account for the Payment Amount. All payments are processed in accordance with standard banking procedures. The following business rules apply to all payments made through the Service:
- While it is anticipated that payment processing will be completed and payments will be debited from the Payment Account and posted to Customer’s RG&E account within one (1) Business Day following the Scheduled Payment Date, it is understood that delays in debits to the Payment Account and/or posting of payments to Customer’s RG&E account may occur, due to circumstances beyond the control of RG&E (or RG&E’s Service Provider).
- In the event that Customer enrolls in electronic funds transfer before a bill has been issued, Customer bears the responsibility to use other methods of payment besides electronic funds transfer until Customer receives a bill indicating "AUTOPAY" in the Amount Due section of the payment stub and text on page 1 of Customer's bill indicating that an automated deduction will occur.
- In the event that Customer is enrolled in other recurring payments through RG&E's eBill service or another online billing provider, Customer bears the responsibility to cancel that recurring payment option to avoid duplicate monthly payments with Electronic Funds Transfer Service.
If RG&E is unable to process Payment Instructions for any reason associated with the Payment Account (for example, there are not sufficient funds in the Payment Account to cover the transaction), Customer will receive a return notice from RG&E. In such cases, Customer agrees that:
- Customer will reimburse RG&E immediately upon demand the transaction amount that has been returned to RG&E;
- Customer shall be liable for Late Payment Charges, NSF Charges, or any other applicable charges.
- RG&E is authorized to report the facts concerning the return to a consumer reporting agency.
- Customer may cancel Electronic Funds Transfer Service or change banking information Payment Instructions by contacting RG&E in writing. There is no charge for canceling this service.
RG&E will use its commercially reasonable efforts to ensure all payments are processed properly. However, RG&E shall incur no liability if payments cannot be initiated through the Service because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If the Payment Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transaction, or the transaction would exceed the credit limit of the Payment Account;
- The Payment Instructions did not provide correct RG&E account information or Payment Account information to process the payment; or
- Circumstances beyond the control of RG&E (or the Service Provider), such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or Interference from an outside force, prevent the proper execution of the transaction and RG&E (and the Service Provider) have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
- RG&E agrees to make reasonable efforts to ensure full performance of the Service. RG&E will be responsible for acting only on those Payment Instructions which are actually received and cannot assume responsibility for malfunctions in communications facilities not under our control that may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages Customer sends. RG&E is not responsible for any errors or failures caused by any malfunction of Customer’s computer, and RG&E is not responsible for any computer virus or related problems that may be associated with the use of the Service. RG&E’s sole obligation in the event the Service fails to perform is to reprocess any Payment Instructions received by RG&E that RG&E failed to process correctly.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL RG&E (OR THE SERVICE PROVIDER) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF USE OF THE SERVICE. In states which do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages with respect to consumer services, RG&E’s liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- THE SERVICE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE , OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY LAW AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION.
V. ERRORS AND QUESTIONS
In case of errors or questions, contact RG&E in the following manner:
Email your comments or questions by using our secure Write to RG&E form. We will respond to requests within one to two business days. (Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., excluding holidays.) Do not send electronic messages if you have a natural gas emergency or smell a gas odor; call us directly at 1.800.743.1702 To report a life-threatening electricity emergency, call us at 1.800.743.1701.
Please note: If you use a spam blocker, please add email@example.com to your acceptable list of email addresses so we may contact you regarding your request.
- Phone Number: (Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., excluding holidays)1.800.743.2110.
- Mailing Address:
89 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14649-0001
VI. ALTERATIONS AND AMENDMENTS
RG&E reserves the right to alter and/or amend this Agreement, applicable fees and service charges at any time. In such event, RG&E shall post notice of changes via RG&E’s website on this page. Any use of the Service after RG&E posts a notice of change will constitute Customer’s agreement to such change(s).
- In the event Customer wishes to discontinue the Service, Customer may do so by de-enrolling through the online application, or by contacting RG&E as provided in Section V, above. All such notices of termination must be supplied ten (10) days prior to the actual termination date.
- RG&E (or the Service Provider) may terminate service at any time and/or revoke Customer’s right to use the Service upon prior notice to Customer. RG&E reserves the right to terminate Customer’s use of the Service if three (3) Non-Sufficient Funds transactions are processed in any twelve (12) month period.
- Termination shall not affect Customer’s liability or obligations under this Agreement.
VIII. INFORMATION AUTHORIZATION
Customer’s enrollment in the Service may not be fulfilled if RG&E cannot verify Customer’s identity or other necessary information. Customer agrees that RG&E reserves the right to obtain financial information regarding Customer’s Payment Account from a financial institution to resolve payment-posting problems.
In the event of a dispute regarding the Service, Customer and RG&E agree to resolve the dispute by jointly looking to this Agreement. Customer agrees that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between Customer and RG&E which supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between Customer and RG&E relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between what an employee of the Service Provider or RG&E’s Customer Relations Department says and the terms of this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement will prevail.
X. GOVERNING LAW
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with New York law.
- In addition to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Customer agrees to be bound by and will comply with the requirements of the applicable Account Disclosure Statement, the RG&E Tariffs, the rules and regulations of any funds transfer system to which RG&E uses such as the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
PLEASE RETAIN THIS DOCUMENT FOR SAFEKEEPING AND REFERENCE AT ANY TIME DURING USAGE OF THE SERVICE.
CUSTOMER HAS READ AND UNDERSTANDS THE FOREGOING AGREEMENT AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF ITS TERMS, AND ANY FUTURE AMENDMENTS WHICH MAY BE MADE TO THIS AGREEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME.