NYS Clean Heat Statewide Heat Pump Rebate Program
Heat pumps keep your home temperature — and energy costs — just right!
Are you using oil, propane, or electric resistance to heat your home or water? Do you want a more efficient way to heat and cool your home? Consider clean heat pump technology.
Heat pumps will help you find the perfect balance of comfort and savings all year round, while reducing your carbon foot print. These all-in-one heating and air conditioning systems optimize the temperature throughout your home to use less energy, and can save you up to 30% on your cooling and heating costs.*
How do electric heat pumps compare to other traditional heating and cooling equipment?
- Warmer. Heat pumps provide warmth more efficiently than conventional oil, propane, or electric resistance heating systems.
- Cooler. Heat pumps cool more efficiently when summer temperatures climb.
- Comfier and cozier. Heat pumps provide quiet, even heating and cooling throughout your home or business.
- Easier. Heat pumps require minimal maintenance.
- Cleaner, healthier, and safer. There is no combustion of fossil fuels, fuel storage, or carbon monoxide emissions associated with heat pumps.
Communities across New York State are participating programs to adopt clean heating and cooling technologies. See if there is one near you.
WHAT WE OFFER
WHOS IS ELIGIBLE
- NYSEG/RG&E residential natural gas and/or electricity customers with active accounts who replace their existing furnace, boiler or water heater with eligible heat pump equipment.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Step 1: Contact a participating contractor.
- Step 2: You and your contractor will choose the best equipment for your needs.
- Step 3: Your participating contractor will take care of the rest. They will fill out the application and help you choose the best technology that will qualify your home for our rebate program.
To learn more about what air or ground source heating and cooling technologies are best for you visit: https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/Residents-and-Homeowners/Heat-and-Cool-Your-Home/Heat-Pumps.
JUST FOR CONTRACTORS
We have program information and materials just for plumbing and heating contractors.
*When compared to electric resistance, oil or propane heat. Source: https://neep.org/blog/looking-winter-proof-heat-pumps.