RG&E Closing Belmont, NY Walk-In Office Sept. 29
Many Customer Service Options Available Online, Pay Agents, Telephone
Rochester, NY – Sept. 15, 2016 – RG&E, a subsidiary of AVANGRID (NYSE: AGR), will close its walk-in office at 23 Schuyler Street, Belmont, N.Y., on Sept., 29. The Belmont office presently provides walk-in customer service two days a week. RG&E will continue to offer walk-in service at numerous other company and third-party facilities, plus a wide range of telephone, mail, and on-line service options.
“Over time, more and more of our customers have chosen to pay their bill without coming to the office,” said Terri VanBrooker, director, Customer Service at NYSEG and RG&E. “Our customers choose the convenience of paying online at our website, rge.com, or using our AutoPay option with payments automatically deducted from their bank account each month, by using our self-service phone number, by mailing their payments, or by visiting our many pay agent locations.” Visit rge.com and click on the “Your Account” tab (Account)
- RG&E is ready to serve customers without the need to visit its offices. Here’s how:
To make a payment:
- Online at rge.com: Payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) or debit card with PIN code.
- AutoPay automatic payments from your banking account: Enroll by visiting rge.com, calling our self-service number at 1.800.295.7323, mailing the back of your bill stub or by calling Customer Service and speaking with a Customer Service
- Representative at 800.743.2110, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., excluding holidays.
- In person: At Walmart or Kmart locations nationwide, Western Union, and grocery store locations: Convenient Corner Mart,Shurfine Food Center, and Tops Markets. A complete list is available at rge.com.
- Call our self-service number: 800.295.7323, 24 hours/7 days. Payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) or debit card with PIN code.
- By mail: RG&E, P.O. Box 847813, Boston, MA 02284-7813. Payment by check or money order.
- Call Customer Service: Speak with a Customer Service Representative at 800.743.2110 (refer above for hours). Make payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) or debit card with PIN code.
- Payment Arrangements by calling 877.266.3492 and speaking with a Customer Service Representative, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Customer Service (Starting, Ending Service and more) at rge.com or calling 800.743.2110 to speak with a Customer Service Representative, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., excluding holidays.
If you are experiencing a natural gas emergency, or if you smell a natural gas odor, go outside and immediately call 911 or RG&E at 800.743.1702.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening electricity emergency, immediately call 911. For outage reporting and information, visit rge.com and click on “Outage Central” or call 800.743.1701.
RG&E remains dedicated to providing customers with safe, reliable energy delivery, excellent customer service and a commitment to the community and environment.