NYS Clean Heat Rebate Program
Heat pumps keep your home temperature — and energy costs — just right!
Are you using oil, propane, or electric resistance to heat your home or water? Do you want a more efficient way to heat and cool your home? Consider clean heat pump technology.
Heat pumps will help you find the perfect balance of comfort and savings all year round, while reducing your carbon footprint. These all-in-one heating and air conditioning systems optimize the temperature throughout your home to use less energy, and can save you up to 30% on your cooling and heating costs.*
How do electric heat pumps compare to other traditional heating and cooling equipment?
- Warmer. Heat pumps provide warmth more efficiently than conventional oil, propane, or electric resistance heating systems.
- Cooler. Heat pumps cool more efficiently when summer temperatures climb.
- Comfier and cozier. Heat pumps provide quiet, even heating and cooling throughout your home or business.
- Easier. Heat pumps require minimal maintenance.
- Cleaner, healthier, and safer. There is no combustion of fossil fuels, fuel storage, or carbon monoxide emissions associated with heat pumps.
Check out our buying guide.
*When compared to electric resistance, oil or propane heat. Source: https://neep.org/blog/looking-winter-proof-heat-pumps
WHAT WE OFFER
- NYSEG/RG&E residential natural gas and/or electricity customers with active accounts who replace their existing furnace, boiler or water heater with eligible heat pump equipment.
- Purchase a heat pump water heater and you could save up to $1,000 by purchasing qualifying equipment. Complete a rebate application and mail all required documents to the address on the rebate application form.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- We are pleased to offer rebates to our residential natural gas and electricity customers who install qualifying equipment by our participating contractors.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Step 1: Contact a participating contractor.
- Step 2: You and your contractor will choose the best technology to fit your needs and qualify your home for our rebate program.
- Step 3: Your participating contractor will take care of the rest. They will fill out the application and submit all qualifying documents for your rebate.
Rebates are processed in the order in which they are received and can take up to 4 to 6 weeks for processing. To check your rebate status, call 844.212.7823.
To learn more about what air or ground source heating and cooling technologies are best for you, click here.
Communities across New York State are participating in programs to adopt clean heating and cooling technologies. See if there is one near you.
JUST FOR CONTRACTORS
We have program information and materials just for plumbing and heating contractors.