How to Participate (for a printable .pdf, click here and see page 1)
- Step 1: Equipment must be new to be eligible for rebate amounts. Refer to the equipment rebate list for qualifying equipment requirements. All rebated equipment must be installed no earlier than October 1, 2010 for RG&E customers and no earlier than April 1, 2011 for NYSEG customers. ENERGY STAR tank type (storage) or ENERGY STAR tankless water heaters must be installed on or after July 1, 2014 to qualify for the rebate.
- Step 2: Reserve your rebate request at rge.com using our electronic reservation form, or by calling the energy efficiency hotline at 1.800.995.9525. If reserved online, print your rebate form from the website. Keep your rebate form until your equipment has been installed and you are ready to submit your completed rebate application. No rebate form will be accepted without a prior reservation for the exact equipment to be rebated. Rebate applications must be postmarked within 60 days of the rebate reservation date as all rebate reservations expire after 60 days.
- Step 3: Once your eligible equipment has been installed, complete, sign and mail the rebate application
form (it must be postmarked within 60 days of the rebate reservation date). Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions.
- Step 4: Include a paid invoice(s)/receipt(s) indicating:
*Rebate applications without the total costs listed for each individual piece of equipment will be returned.
- Retailer/Contractor name, business address and phone.
- Equipment type; manufacturer and model number of each piece of equipment.*
- Total installed cost of each piece of equipment.*
- Installation date and service address.
- Step 5: Please keep a copy of all submitted documents for your records.
- Step 6: Mail the completed form along with a copy of dated receipt(s)/proof(s) of purchase to:
NYSEG/RG&E Rebate Program
40 Washington Street, Suite 2000
Westborough, MA 01581
If your rebate application is complete and you meet all program requirements, a rebate check will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks.
If your application is selected for verification (see Terms and Conditions, number 6), rebate processing may take additional time.
For questions regarding this program, please call 1.800.995.9525.
Other energy efficiency services may be available from New York State Energy Research and Development Authority.