Program Guidelines (for a printable version, click here and see page 2)
- Complete, print and sign our online rebate application, attach your itemized invoices, and mail your complete package to: NYSEG/RG&E Rebate Program, 40 Washington Street, Suite 2000, Westborough, MA 01581. You can also call our energy efficiency hotline at 1.800.995.9525, and ask for a rebate form to be mailed to you. Rebates are processed in the order in which they are received and can take 4 to 6 weeks for processing.
- Eligible equipment must be installed at the location corresponding to the RG&E residential natural gas customer account number provided on your rebate application.
- If you are a landlord and own the property where the equipment is to be installed, you must call the energy efficiency hotline at 1.800.995.9525 to request a rebate application. You must also provide proof of ownership (such as a tax bill or water bill) that includes the address where the eligible equipment is installed.
- If you do not own the property where the equipment is to be installed, you must have the right or permission from the property
owner to install the equipment.
- If more than one of the same type of eligible equipment is installed (e.g., two furnaces or two boilers), complete a
separate rebate application for each unit of eligible equipment. Note: Maximum rebate amount per account cannot exceed total installed price.
- Installations must conform to all applicable codes, standards and the rebate program Terms and Conditions.
- Contractors must conduct a heat loss calculation and size any eligible heating equipment accordingly.
- Indirect water heaters must be in current production, of well insulated design and installed with a new qualifying natural gas boiler (an indirect water heater uses heat from the main boiler to produce domestic hot water). Programmable thermostats must be installed with new qualifying natural gas furnaces or boilers.
- This program may be modified or terminated at any time and without notice.
- Correction requests to rebate applications that have already been processed and paid must be made within 30 days of the date the rebate check was mailed to the customer. Correction requests received after 30 days from the mail date of the rebate check will not be honored.
- Natural gas furnace tune-up rebates apply to existing natural gas forced air furnaces only; boilers are excluded. Limited to one tune-up rebate every five years. Effective January 1, 2016. Tune-ups must include the following services:
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) test and adjustment if CO is too high.
- Flame check and adjustment if necessary.
- Flue gas path check from burner to vent for cleanliness or leaks, with cleaning and reporting as necessary.
- Pilot/igniter system check for proper operation.
- Blower assembly check, lubrication and cleaning as necessary.
- Filter check and replacement as necessary.
12. Natural gas heating conversion rebates are available to all homeowners who convert their primary heating equipment to
natural gas heating equipment. Customer heating equipment must meet NYSEG and RG&E residential natural gas rebate
program qualifications. An additional rebate is available to customers participating in the natural gas heating conversion
program who have received HEAP benefits within 12 months prior to the rebate application date and can provide a HEAP
award letter. Conversion rebates are effective for installations completed on or after July 29, 2014, in Clinton County and other
targeted conversion areas; and on or after July 1, 2016, in all other areas.