Exciting news regarding our heating fund!
We have combined the strength of RG&E's and NYSEG's heating funds and developed a new program, the Project SHARE Heating Fund. The Project SHARE Heating Fund is designed to help income-eligible customers with energy emergencies in both the RG&E and NYSEG service areas.
The Project SHARE Heating Fund is administered by HeartShare Human Services of New York, an organization with a proven track record of heating funds management. Every dollar donated goes to help those in need.
To receive a Project SHARE Heating Fund grant, you must:
- Meet the HEAP income guideline
- Have a heating emergency
- Exhausted all other assistance programs, such as HEAP, food stamps, Medicaid and local or county emergency aid
Active duty military personnel and well-discharged veterans with an energy emergency may qualify regardless of income.
- Customers can apply in person or by phone at conveniently located agencies or organizations. Click here to find the agency or organization closest to you or call
toll-free 1.844.579.5555 for a recorded message. To apply by phone or speak to a representative, you can call toll-free, 1.800.599.HEART (4327) weekdays, 9 a.m. to
5 p.m. EST.
Three ways you can give:
- Through Automatic Giving, have RG&E add a whole dollar amount to your future
- Add exactly $1, $2 or $5 to your next RG&E bill payment. We will forward the money to the American Red Cross.