Frequently Asked Questions
Why is RG&E offering a Multi-Family Energy Efficiency program?
On June 23, 2008, the New York State Public Service Commission (PSC) issued an order establishing an Energy Efficiency Portfolio Standard (EEPS) to reduce the state’s overall energy consumption and encourage wise energy use. On July 27, 2009, the PSC issued a subsequent order designed to serve the multi-family customer group. This program is the result of that July PSC order.
The purpose of the program is to encourage customers in multi-family buildings (with four or more units per building) to reduce electricity and/or natural gas usage by making lighting and other efficiency improvements.
What is being offered?
Eligible customers and building owners can receive:
- The program will pay 70% of the cost of hardwired LED, fluorescent and exit sign lighting upgrades in common areas.
- Installation of LEDs in up to six fixtures in apartments or condominiums at no cost for the building owner or tenant. The LEDs installed will be selected to match existing incandescent bulbs as much as possible.
- Installation of smart power strips in dwelling units at no cost for the building owner or tenant.
- Free installation of energy-efficient faucet aerators and showerheads, and water heater pipe wrap in apartments and condominiums where water is heated by electricity or natural gas.
- Free installation of screw-in LEDs in common areas in conjunction with in-unit installation.
Who is eligible to apply?
An RG&E electricity and/or natural gas customer who is either:
A homeowners association representative for a condominium complex, or a landlord/owner of an eligible multi-family building with four or more units per building.
Both building owners/agents and tenants can benefit from the program; however, tenants and condominium owners cannot
I purchase my energy supply from a supplier other than RG&E. Can I participate?
Yes. RG&E delivery customers are eligible as long as they have an active electricity and/or natural gas account and fit the building criteria.
What is the process to apply for the program?
Building owners, agents and homeowners association representatives may submit a direct install application, call Franklin Energy at 1.800.444.5668, or send an email to MFenergysavings@franklinenergy.com.
If you rent an apartment or condominium and are interested, we must speak to the building owner or agent to determine eligibility and enroll your building in the program.
Who will install the equipment?
Our Multi-Family Energy Efficiency program is being administered by Franklin Energy, a contractor hired by RG&E. Franklin Energy employees have badges identifying them as RG&E contractors.
What else can I do to reduce my energy use and save money?
Visit our Using Energy Wisely page at rge.com. There, you can take a room-by-room assessment of your energy use with our Energy-Wise Checklist and see how well you are managing your energy use by taking our Energy IQ test. Our Home Energy Use Guide will tell how much energy your current appliances require. We can also mail this information or you can receive copies at our walk-in office locations.
You can also visit NYSERDA for more information that helps homeowners and renters reduce their energy costs.