Residential Rebate Information for Trade Allies
Energy Efficiency program activities are in the process of being resumed after temporary suspensions due to COVID-19. Prior to resuming program activities, our program implementers and trade allies are required to review and adhere to all New York State Safe Return to Work guidelines.
For questions regarding this program, please call our energy efficiency hotline at 800.995.9525.
We appreciate your patience as we safely resume program activity.
Trade Ally Information
The information here is for trade allies - plumbing and heating contractors - regarding our residential rebate program.
The purpose of our rebate program is to encourage customers to purchase and install higher efficiency equipment, thereby reducing overall energy consumption and encouraging wise energy use. Residential customers can visit our program information web page.
Heat Pump Rebates Now Available
Visit the New York State Clean Heat Statewide Heat Pump Program website to learn how to become a part of the Participating Contractor Network. You can also download the NYS Clean Heat Statewide Heat Pump Program Contractor Network application, Participation Agreement and heat pump rebate application.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering rebates to residential natural gas and electricity customers who install qualifying natural gas heating and related control equipment. This program is also available to eligible customers who build a new home and install eligible equipment.
View the list of qualifying equipment and available rebates.
We are offering a $75 rebate on Wi-Fi thermostats that control natural gas heating and/or air conditioning systems. Also, Wi-Fi thermostats can be either contractor-installed or self-installed, and do not have to be installed in conjunction with a furnace or boiler installation.
- To learn more about the residential rebate program,review the frequently asked questions for customers and frequently asked questions for trade allies.
- Need some help with water heater eligibility? View our water heater matrix. Indirect natural gas water heaters must currently be in production and must be well-insulated. Tank type (storage) and tankless natural gas water heaters must be ENERGY STAR approved and installed on or after July 1, 2014 to qualify for rebates.
Program Closure When Funds Are Exhausted. This rebate program will close once all incentive funds for the program are exhausted. A program closure announcement will be displayed on our residential rebate program information page.
To be eligible for rebates, natural gas furnaces, boilers and water heaters must be Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) or ENERGY STAR approved. To determine if your equipment qualifies, view the ENERGY STAR website. Furnace tune-up rebates are for existing natural gas furnaces only, limited to one rebate every five years, effective January 1, 2016.
- Heat Loss Load Calculation: Since properly sized heating equipment operates more efficiently and results in greater occupant comfort, you are strongly encouraged to perform a proper building heat loss calculation and to size the new heating equipment accordingly.
Natural gas furnaces must meet the following criteria to qualify for the incremental “Natural Gas Furnace with ECM” rebate:
- Meets AFUE rating and
- Is certified in the AHRI directory and includes a footnote indicating “ECM MOTOR 'e' Electrically Efficient Furnace” or
- Manufacturer’s spec sheet specifically states that the natural gas furnace includes an ECM. Including this spec sheet with rebate applications should facilitate rebate processing.
In the event that applications are processed and incremental ECM rebates amounts are denied, the customer may appeal the rebate administrator’s determination by providing a copy of the manufacturer’s spec sheet that demonstrates existence of an ECM built into the natural gas furnace in question. Final determination is the responsibility of the rebate administrator.