Residential Agricultural Discount
Are You an RG&E Agricultural Customer?
If you are, you may be eligible to receive a monthly discount on your electricity delivery bill.
This discount is possible thanks to funding from the New York Power Authority’s (NYPA) ReCharge NY program for RG&E’s Residential Agricultural Discount program.
Quick facts about RG&E’s Residential Agricultural program:
- Learn about eligibility requirements
- The program will be administered on an annual basis, September 1 through August 31, with the monthly discount provided until funding is no longer available through NYPA.
- It’s necessary to apply annually by July 1 to determine eligibility.
- You can apply after July 1; however, such applications may not be processed until after the September 1 start date. Please allow up to 3 months for processing. The discount is not retroactive.
- After RG&E processes your application, you will be notified by mail of your enrollment in the program.
- The discount amount will appear as a credit in a separate line item “Res agricultural discount” under the “Electricity Delivery Charges” noted on page 3 of your RG&E bill.
Eligibility and FAQs
Review eligibility requirements and commonly asked questions before you apply for the Residential Agricultural Discount.
Download application; find out what supporting document is needed, how to submit your application.