Station 168 Project
As part of our commitment to provide safe, reliable service to all of our customers, Rochester Gas & Electric (RG&E) is updating electric transmission system in our service areas. While we are investing in upgrades to meet the community's growing energy demands, we are working closely with our neighbors to ensure that all improvements are performed safely and with minimal disruption to the environment and the communities we serve.
Project Purpose and Need
To comply with more stringent reliability standards issued by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), we are planning an upgrade of certain components of the electric delivery systems in the Village of Manchester and the Town of Farmington. We are rebuilding Station 168 to increase capacity, improve asset conditions and enhance the reliability requirements of the station for our valued RG&E customers.
This modernization and sectionalization effort will improve the overall resiliency of the grid while upgrading the technological components and improving the aesthetics of the substation.
- Sectionalize National Grid’s 115 kV trunk transmission lines.
- Install a new control house building with the latest gas
- insulated switchgear (GIS) technology.
- Install two new 115/34.5kV transformers to replace the current outdated transformers.
- Modify the fence line to accommodate the substation yard expansion.
- Install perimeter and substation security/safety lighting.
- Relocate the driveway serving OldCastle Lawn & Garden to the West of RG&E’s property line.
- Upgrade capabilities to continue serving approximately 23,000 residential and commercial customers.
To view the Station 168 Fact Sheet, click here.
For more information or questions
Please contact the Projects Information Line at 1-888-553-5411 and include the name of the project – Station 168 – with your detailed message. A representative from the project team will return your call within three (3) business days.