Large Nonresidential Gas
Typical Natural Gas Bill Data for Large Nonresidential RG&E Customers
Interested in what comprises a typical large nonresidential natural gas bill? The graphs below compare average monthly natural gas bills over the last ten years for large nonresidential customers who purchased their natural gas supply from RG&E.
Monthly Large Commercial and Industrial Natural Gas Costs
Based on average use of 400,000 therms per year
The data in the above chart is based on average usage for a typical customer. Individual bills will vary depending on specific usage.
Some additional information about the average cost data
Delivery charge: What you pay RG&E to transport natural gas to your business over our power lines.
- The delivery charge includes a Revenue Decoupling Mechanism (RDM) charge or credit on your bill that reflects the difference between forecast and actual delivery service revenues by service classification to encourage the promotion of energy efficiency and renewable technologies.
Supply charge: What you pay for natural gas purchased on your behalf by RG&E.
- Customers represented in the above chart obtain their natural gas from a supplier other than RG&E (also known as an energy services company or ESCO). The supply costs shown are based on RG&E’s supply costs and are for illustrative purposes only.
Surcharges: What you pay in state mandated charges, including:
- Taxes: Includes the collection of Gross Receipts Tax (GRT) imposed by New York State and/or some local municipalities, where applicable.
- System Benefits Charge (SBC), which is used to fund initiatives focused on reducing natural gas use in New York.
Want to learn more?
View a 10-year comparison for RG&E large nonresidential electricity customers here.
- What if I change my mind about my electricity supplier pricing option?
- I would like to purchase my electricity supply at a fixed price. How do I do so?
- If I have an ESCO provide my electricity supply, whom do I call if I have problems with electricity service?
- What is a supplier other than RG&E, an energy services company or an ESCO?
- What options do I have to purchase my electricity supply?