Circuit 649 Project
As part of our commitment to provide safe, reliable service to all our customers, Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E), in conjunction with our parent company – AVANGRID, is updating the delivery system in our service areas. These upgrades comply with new electric transmission reliability requirements.
While making investments to meet the community’s growing energy demands, we are working closely with our neighbors to ensure that all improvements are performed with minimal disruption
to the environment and the communities we serve.
Project Purpose and Need
Aging infrastructure and recent outages have highlighted the need to upgrade 2.5 Miles of Circuit 649 (11kV Distribution). This Line runs from Station 745 located in East Rochester from Linden Avenue to Yarmouth Road in Brighton. RG&E has had several outages on this circuit in recent years impacting customers and businesses in this area. This distribution line goes through the Towns of Brighton and Pittsford and the Village of East Rochester. This upgrade project will improve the overall resiliency of the entire system while simultaneously modernizing the circuit’s components.
This circuit rebuild runs from East Rochester to Brighton.
- 2.5 miles of both overhead and underground transmission lines
- Vegetation Management along RG&E’s right-of-way along 490 as well as along Commercial Street in East Rochester
- Removal of aerial cable and rebuild to current RG&E standards from Commercial Street East Rochester to Linden
- Avenue Brighton
- Underground system south of Linden Avenue to be rerouted to an existing manhole on Linden Avenue
- Upgrade of the current underground system
- Off-road tree trimming to maintain reliability of the system
To view the Circuit 649 Fact Sheet, click here.
For more information or questions
Please contact the Projects Information Line at 1-888-553-5411 and include the name of the project – Circuit 649 – with your detailed message. A representative from the project team will return your call within three (3) business days.