Station 210 Project
As part of our commitment to provide safe, reliable service to all our customers, Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation (RG&E), in conjunction with our parent company – AVANGRID, is updating the delivery system in our service areas. These upgrades comply with new electric transmission reliability requirements.
While making investments to meet the community’s growing energy demands, we are working closely with our neighbors to ensure that all improvements are performed with minimal disruption to the environment and the communities we serve.
Project Purpose and Need
the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), we are planning an upgrade of certain components of the electric delivery systems in the Village Sodus. Specifically, we will be modernizing Station 210 to increase its capacity, improve its asset conditions, and enhance the reliability requirements of the station for our valued RG&E customers.
This modernization and replacement effort will improve the overall resiliency of the grid while simultaneously upgrading the technological components and improving the appearanceof the substation.
- Demolition of existing structure at 51 Belden Ave. to provide new space allowance for upgraded Control House.
- Construction of a new Control House building containing state-of-the-art gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) technology and
an updated control system.
- Installation of new transformer to replace the current outdated transformer (current one was installed in 1966).
- Distribution circuit upgrade: Reconstruct and convert the four existing 4 kV circuits to 12 kV circuits.
- New perimeter fencing will be installed, as will contingency lighting to allow for any urgent afterhours work.
- Upgrade capabilities to continue serving approximately 1,678 residential and commercial customers.
To view the Station 210 Fact Sheet, click here.
For more information or questions
Please contact the Projects Information Line at 1-888-553-5411 and include the name of the project – Station 210 – with your detailed message. A representative from the project team will return your call within three (3) business days.