How to Become a Natural Gas ESCO
To be eligible to participate in the Gas Transportation Program, a Natural Gas energy services company (ESCO) must first apply to and meet the requirements of the Public Service Commission (PSC).
Contact the PSC at 518.486.2432.
Natural gas ESCOs that have been determined eligible by the PSC may then submit the required forms to RG&E.
Natural Gas Supplier Service Qualification Steps
Natural Gas ESCOs interested in participating in RG&E's Natural Gas Transportation Program will need to work with RG&E to complete the following steps:
- Natural Gas ESCO satisfies eligibility criteria with the PSC*.
- Natural Gas ESCO submits fully completed EDI Test Application (Forms & Agreements) to Supplier Relations over 30 days prior to the start of the test batch. Any changes after the ESCO has submitted the forms may interfere with RG&E's ability to test the ESCO in the test batch. ESCO Checklist
- Upon availability, and completed EDI Test Application, RG&E Supplier Relations schedules ESCO for EDI testing.
- Connectivity testing completed approximately two weeks prior to start of test batch.
- Natural Gas ESCO submits remaining documents (Forms & Agreements) to RG&E Supplier Relations 15+ days prior to test batch.
- RG&E Financial Management informs natural gas ESCO of security requirements, if necessary, and provides samples of acceptable forms of security.
- EDI testing completed. Trading Partner Agreement is executed.
- Production date scheduled with ESCO.
- Connectivity in production environment tested.
- On the production date, RG&E posts the Natural Gas ESCO's company and contact information on the RG&E's web page.
- RG&E Supplier Relations provides the Natural Gas ESCO with the secured web site address, username and password which enables the Natural Gas ESCO to download daily files and view online history.
(*Not applicable to Direct Customers.)