We are committed to supporting distributed generation projects within our service area. Whether you are a customer considering distributed generation or you are an experienced contractor, we can help you learn more about distributed generation and guide you through the application process.
What is Distributed Generation?
Distributed generation is generally a small electrical production facility that provides electricity to a home or business, with excess electricity sold to a utility. These production facilities can generate electricity from a variety of energy sources, including wind, farm waste, water or sunlight.
Our customers can receive permission to connect their energy source to our electrical system and sell excess generation to us. To do so, customers, or their contractors, need to complete an application and follow a series of steps to ensure their system conforms to our standards and is safely connected.
What is Community Distributed Generation?
Community distributed generation allows an electrical production facility up to 5kW, such as a solar farm project, to share benefits through a subscription with residential and business participants who otherwise are not able to participate in solar benefits. Please visit our community distributed generation web page to learn more.
Distributed Generation Application Process
Application for interconnection of distributed generation can be submitted via our online portal. Once you have submitted an application, you can view your application online through a secure login ID and password.
Want to generate your own electricity?
In the Spotlight
- Our 2020 Distributed System Implementation Plan presents our strategy to integrate distributed energy resources into the New York grid. View our plan and its appendices to learn more.
- Distributed Interconnection Guide Map
- Securely login to view Community Distributed Generation Opportunity Zone Map
- Community Distributed Generation procedural requirements
- CDG Host Allocation Review and Approval Guidance
- R Remote Net Metering Application form
- View our pricing and tariff
- New York State PSC's Distributed Generation website
- NYSERDA assistance for "green" energy at powernaturally.org
- New York State Standardized Acknowledgment of Property Owner Consent Form
- RG&E Interconnection Project Queue
- Tranche MW Update
- Historical Hourly System Load Data
- Average Rates 2015-2017
- How to Use the Interconnection Online Application Portal
- 2018 Marginal Cost Study Update