The Project SHARE Heating Fund is designed to help our income-eligible customers with active disconnect notices in our service areas. The fund is administered by HeartShare Human Services of New York. Since 1982, this fund has helped 62,850 families with grants totaling more than $17 million.
To receive a Project SHARE Heating Fund grant, you must:
- Have an active account with either NYSEG or RG&E
- Meet the HEAP income guideline
- Have an active disconnect notice
- Exhausted all other assistance programs, such as HEAP, Emergency HEAP and local or county emergency aid
HEAP Regular Arrears Supplement Benefit is currently open
Regular HEAP is currently open
Emergency HEAP will open January 3, 2022
Active Duty Military and Veterans
Active duty military personnel and well-discharged (honorary or general) veterans may qualify for a Project SHARE Heating Fund grant without adhering to the eligibility guidelines above.
- They may quality regardless of income (HEAP grant is not a requirement).
- The active account may be in the spouse's/partner's name.
- The military member or veteran does not have to reside in the household, however, the spouse/partner must.
- The household must have an active disconnect notice.
How to Apply
To apply by phone or speak to a representative, you can call toll-free, 800.599.4327 weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
Your Dollars Can Help Those Facing Energy Emergencies
Join our company, our other customers and employees in helping veterans, active military personnel and others in need by making a donation to the Project SHARE Heating Fund.
We have three easy ways you can make your donation to the Project SHARE Heating Fund:
- Through Automatic Giving by having us add a whole dollar amount to your future RG&E bills.
- Add exactly $1, $2 or $5 to your next RG&E bill payment.
- Send a check in any amount payable to Project SHARE Heating Fund, and mail it to HeartShare Human Services of New York, 12 Metro Tech Center, 29th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
You can have your donation deducted monthly by enrolling in automated giving below.