Typical Residential Natural Gas Bill Amount
Typical Natural Gas Bill Data for Residential RG&E Customers
Interested in what comprises a typical residential natural gas bill? The graphs below compare average monthly natural gas bills over the last ten years for residential customers who purchased their natural gas supply from RG&E.
Monthly Residential Natural Gas Costs
Based on average use of 1,000 therms per year
The data in the above chart is based on average usage for a typical customer.
Individual bills will vary depending on specific usage.
Some additional information about the average cost data:
Delivery charge: What you pay RG&E to transport natural gas to your home or business.
- Revenue Decoupling Mechanism (RDM), a charge or credit on your bill that reflects
the difference between forecast and actual delivery service revenues by service classification to encourage the promotion of energy efficiency and renewable technologies.
Supply charge: What you pay for the natural gas purchased for you. RG&E makes no profit on your natural gas supply costs. The Supply charge also includes a Merchant Function charge, which represents the administrative cost for RG&E to obtain natural gas supply on their customers' behalf.
Surcharges: What you pay in state mandated charges, including the:
- Taxes: Includes the collection of Gross Receipts Tax (GRT) imposed by New York State and/or some local municipalities, where applicable.
- System Benefits Charge (SBC), which is used to fund initiatives focused on reducing natural gas use in New York. This charge was added in October 2008.
- New York State Assessment, a special state assessment for the state's general fund. This charge was added in July 2009 and will continue through June 2014.
- What if I change my mind about my electricity supplier pricing option?
- What options do I have to purchase my electricity supply?
- If I have an ESCO provide my electricity supply, whom do I call if I have problems with electricity service?
- What is a supplier other than RG&E, an energy services company or an ESCO?
- I would like to purchase my electricity supply at a fixed price. How do I do so?