Choose A Supplier
Energy delivery and supply
RG&E is your energy delivery company. We deliver electricity or gas to your home or business safely and reliably over our wires and pipelines. You purchase your energy supply from RG&E or any other energy supplier. Your energy price is made up of delivery, supply and transition charges. The delivery charge is what you pay RG&E to transport energy to you and is a fixed charge. The supply charge is what you pay your supplier for the energy you use. The transition charge reflects the costs of making the energy industry more competitive.
Electricity supply choices
You have a choice of electricity suppliers. No matter which supplier you choose, RG&E will continue to deliver energy to you. If your power is interrupted, you have a natural gas emergency or you have questions regarding your energy delivery service, RG&E will be there for you.
- Electricity supply: Electricity customers can purchase their electricity supply from RG&E or any other supplier, also known as an energy services company (ESCO). RG&E’s supply service consists of variable RG&E electricity supply and transition charges, and a fixed RG&E delivery charge. The supply charge changes each month as the market price of electricity fluctuates.
- ESCO electricity supply service: ESCO supply customers pay an electricity supply charge, a variable RG&E transition charge and a fixed RG&E delivery charge. How much you pay for your electricity supply depends on an agreement with your supplier. View our list of suppliers.
Natural gas supply choices
As with electricity supply, natural gas customers can purchase their natural gas supply from RG&E or another natural gas supplier (ESCO).
- RG&E’s Sales Service consists of a variable RG&E natural gas supply charge and transition surcharge, and a fixed RG&E delivery charge. The supply charge and transition surcharge change each month as the market price of natural gas fluctuates.
- RG&E Transportation Service consists of an ESCO natural gas supply charge, a variable RG&E transition surcharge and a fixed RG&E delivery charge. How much you pay for your natural gas supply depends on your agreement with your supplier. View our list of suppliers.
Pursuant to PSC Order 12-M-0476, Energy Supply Companies must satisfy conditions before servicing customers enrolled in our Energy Assistance Program.
- Electricity suppliers
- Natural gas suppliers
- Supplier questions
- Frequently asked questions
- Electricity prices
- Natural gas tariffs
- Average monthly electricity bill graphs
- Average monthly gas bill graphs
- Compare supplier offers
- Supply choice calculator tools
- Glossary of terms
- Convert to natural gas
- Service Classification
- What if I change my mind about my electricity supplier pricing option?
- What options do I have to purchase my electricity supply?
- If I have an ESCO provide my electricity supply, whom do I call if I have problems with electricity service?
- What is a supplier other than RG&E, an energy services company or an ESCO?
- I would like to purchase my electricity supply at a fixed price. How do I do so?