More Than 94,000 NYSEG and RG&E Customers
Now Reaping the Rewards of Efficiency Rebates and Incentives
More Than $53 Million in Program Funds Available Through 2015
Rochester, NY – NYSEG and RG&E, subsidiaries of Iberdrola USA, in 2014 added nearly 23,000 more customers to those already saving energy and money by taking advantage of the companies’ energy efficiency rebates and incentives. Since the first of the programs kicked off in 2009, more than 94,000 NYSEG and RG&E customers have participated.
Program participants are saving more than 372 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity and more than 13 million therms of natural gas each year – enough electricity to power more than 42,900 homes for a year and enough natural gas to heat more than 13,900 homes for a year. The energy efficiency upgrades are preventing more than 360,566 tons of carbon emissions annually, the equivalent of taking more than 68,857 cars off the road.
“We are pleased that so many of our customers have chosen to participate in these beneficial programs that go hand-in-hand with our commitment to environmental stewardship,” said Mark S. Lynch, president and CEO of NYSEG and RG&E. “We encourage our customers to continue to consider these programs to help them save energy and money.”
Program Funding Available Through 2015
The New York State Public Service Commission has approved $53.86 million in funds for NYSEG and RG&E to continue energy efficiency incentives and rebates for residential and business customers through 2015.
For 2012 through 2015, NYSEG and RG&E have a collective goal of reducing annual electricity consumption by 511 million kWh and annual natural gas consumption by 15 million therms through the energy efficiency programs.
2015 Residential Energy Efficiency Programs
- Home Refrigerator Freezer Recycling Program: Offers removal and environmentally-responsible recycling of a working refrigerator or freezer. Participants receive $50 and they can save $150 a year in reduced energy costs.
- Residential Natural Gas Rebate Program: Rebates for installing qualifying natural gas heating and water heating equipment and related control equipment.
- Multi-Family Program: Free installation of compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) in apartments or condominiums. Free installation of energy efficient faucet aerators and showerheads, and water pipe heat wrap in apartments where water is heated by electricity. Incentives also cover up to 50% of the cost of lighting upgrades in common areas.
- Free Energy Saver Products: A free energy-efficient showerhead and faucet aerator are available to residential customers who heat their water with either NYSEG/RG&E natural gas or NYSEG/RG&E electricity.
2015 Business Energy Efficiency Programs
- Small Business Energy Efficiency Program: Offers eligible customers a free energy assessment and incentives toward energy-efficient equipment upgrades.
- Commercial and Industrial Rebate Program: Offers eligible customers the opportunity to design custom rebates for their specific energy needs or qualify for predetermined rebates for installing qualifying equipment, including lighting; natural gas furnaces, boilers and controls; unitary HVAC; air-to-air heat pumps; and chillers.
For more information, visit http://www.nyseg.com/Energyefficiencyprograms/default.html or http://www.rge.com/Energyefficiencyprograms/default.html.
Follow Us on Twitter:
@NYSEandG, @RGandE and @IberdrolaUSA
Follow Us on Facebook: