NYSEG, RG&E and Iberdrola USA Employees Will Be Out in Force on Saturday to Volunteer for Local Agencies
Effort is Part of Iberdrola’s Fourth International Volunteer Day
Rochester, NY – Nearly 100 NYSEG, RG&E and Iberdrola USA employees, joined by dozens of family members and friends, will be contributing their time and energy to community agencies across the state on Saturday, October 19 as part of Iberdrola’s fourth annual International Volunteer Day. Employees join their Iberdrola USA co-workers in Maine and Iberdrola colleagues in Spain, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Mexico to give back to their communities.
“NYSEG and RG&E have built a rich tradition of volunteerism over many years, generously contributing to the success of many organizations and causes,” said Mark S. Lynch, president of NYSEG and RG&E. “Our employees’ work on International Volunteer Day will build on that tradition.”
NYSEG and Iberdrola USA employees will be participating in the following community service projects:
- Tuscarora Scout Reservation (Windsor): Located on 1,100 acres around Summit Lake, Camp Tuscarora hosts Boy Scout programs, camping and hiking. Volunteers will be painting and splitting wood.
- Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse (Binghamton): Volunteers will help harvest fruit and vegetables from CHOW’s 4-acre farm. CHOW distributes food to those in need.
- Boys & Girls Club of Western Broome (Endicott): Volunteers will paint at this facility that provides recreational activities for youth and adults.
- The Center for Hospice and Palliative Care (Cheektowaga): Indoor and outdoor clean-up projects are planned for volunteers at this organization that provides support to individuals and their families who are facing serious and end-of-life illnesses.
- Oneonta Boys and Girls Club (Oneonta): Volunteers will be setting up a haunted dungeon for Halloween and cleaning up outside, weather permitting. The club promotes health, social, educational and character development for youth across Chenango, Delaware and Otsego counties.
RG&E and Iberdrola USA employees will be participating in the following community service projects:
- Foodlink (Rochester): Volunteers will sort food donations, stock shelves and package items for this hunger relief agency that distributes food to agencies across 10 counties.
- Center for Youth (Rochester): Volunteers will carve pumpkins with teenagers at this residential home. The Center for Youth provides a host of services including counseling, emergency sheltering, prevention education, teen court, summer reading and street outreach.
- Penfield Ecumenical Food Shelf (Penfield): Sorting donations, stocking shelves, cleaning and yard work are on the agenda at this emergency food provider.
- Veteran’s Outreach Center (Richard’s House – Rochester): Seasonal cleaning – inside and outside – as well as some painting are planned for this organization that provides support services to veterans and their families.
- Sodus Point Food Pantry (Sodus Point): Volunteers will empty the pantry, clean and paint for this community organization.
As an extension of International Volunteer Day, company employees across the state have also been collecting food for local food pantries since early October.