More Than 51,000 NYSEG and RG&E Customers Now Reaping the Benefits of Efficiency Rebates and Incentives
$83.6 Million in Program Funds Available Through 2015
Rochester, NY – NYSEG and RG&E, subsidiaries of Iberdrola USA, in 2012 added 21,000 more customers to those already saving energy and money by taking advantage of the companies’ energy efficiency rebates and incentives. Since the first of the energy efficiency programs were launched in 2009, more than 51,000 NYSEG and RG&E customers have participated. Those customers are saving a total of than 72 million kilowatt-hours (kwh) of electricity and more than
2 million therms of natural gas each year – enough electricity to power more than 9,300 homes for a year and enough natural gas to heat more than 2,100 homes for a year.
“We are certainly pleased with our customers’ response to these valuable programs,” said Mark S. Lynch, president of NYSEG and RG&E. “We encourage all of our customers to learn more about the programs to determine how they can save energy and money by participating.”
Program Funding Available Through 2015
The New York State Public Service Commission has approved $83.6 million in funds for NYSEG and RG&E to continue the energy efficiency incentives and rebates for residential and business customers through 2015.
For 2012 through 2015, NYSEG and RG&E have a collective goal of reducing annual electricity consumption by 370 million kwh and annual natural gas consumption by 15 million therms through the energy efficiency programs.
2013 Residential Energy Efficiency Programs
• Home Refrigerator Freezer Recycling Program: Offers removal and environmentally-responsible recycling of a second refrigerator or freezer. Participants receive $30 and they can save $150 a year in reduced energy costs.
• Residential Natural Gas Rebate Program: Rebates for installing qualifying natural gas equipment and related control equipment.
• Multi-Family Program: Free installation of compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) in apartments or condominiums. Free installation of energy efficient faucet aerators and showerheads, and water pipe heat wrap in apartments where water is heated by electricity. Incentives also cover up to 50% of the cost of lighting upgrades in common areas.
2013 Business Energy Efficiency Programs
• Small Business Energy Efficiency Program: Offers eligible customers a free energy assessment and incentives toward energy-efficient lighting upgrades.
• Commercial and Industrial Rebate Program: Offers eligible customers the opportunity to design custom rebates for their specific energy needs or qualify for predetermined rebates for installing qualifying equipment, including lighting; natural gas furnaces, boilers and controls; unitary HVAC; air-to-air heat pumps; and chillers.
• Block Bidding Program: Similar to an auction, bidders are offered the opportunity to submit proposed energy savings and a bid price to achieve those savings. If the bid is accepted, NYSEG or RG&E will pay the customer if they achieve their energy savings target.
For more information, visit http://www.nyseg.com/Energyefficiencyprograms/default.html or http://www.rge.com/Energyefficiencyprograms/default.html.