NYSEG and RG&E Energize Lighting Options in Small Business Energy Efficiency Program
– NYSEG and RG&E, subsidiaries of Iberdrola USA, have energized the Small Business Energy Efficiency Program with new lighting options.
“This program just got even better,” said Mark S. Lynch, president of NYSEG and RG&E. “Additional options for light-emitting diode (LED) lamps, lighting fixtures and outdoor lighting now make it even more attractive for small businesses, office buildings and other facilities to upgrade to more efficient lighting with little out-of-pocket expense.”
Small businesses that have already taken advantage of the program will be eligible to use the expanded program offerings to increase their energy savings.
Under the first phase of the program, launched in May 2010, more than 10,000 participating small- business owners have saved 86 million kilowatt-hours of electricity and an average of 10% on their electricity bills as a result of lighting upgrades.
The Small Business Energy Efficiency Program is open to small commercial and other nonresidential customers with electric demand of less than an average of 100 kilowatts during the past 12 months.
Here’s how the program works:
• Customers interested in participating in the program should contact EnerPath, NYSEG and RG&E’s program partner, at 1.877.359.9814 to arrange for a free, no obligation on-site energy assessment.
• Following the energy assessment, customers will receive a written proposal showing the savings, cost and payback period for recommended lighting upgrades.
• Once a customer decides to move forward with recommending lighting changes, old lighting will be removed and new lighting will be installed by EnerPath.
• NYSEG or RG&E will pay 70% of the project cost upfront and offers convenient payment options for the remaining 30% of the cost.
Funding for the program is limited, and availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/bO9MV8 (NYSEG) or http://bit.ly/eysKTU (RG&E), or call 1.877.359.9814.