More Than 30,000 NYSEG and RG&E Customers Reaping Savings From Energy Efficiency Improvements
Funding for Incentives and Rebates Extended Through 2015
Rochester, NY – More than 30,000 NYSEG and RG&E customers have reduced their energy consumption by taking advantage of the companies’ energy efficiency incentives and rebates since the first of the programs were launched in 2009.
Residential and business customers who have implemented energy efficiency improvements with assistance from NYSEG and RG&E incentives and rebates will save nearly 1.2 billion kilowatt-hours (kwh) of electricity and more than 111 million therms of natural gas. That is enough electricity to power more than one million homes for a year and enough natural gas to heat more than one hundred thousand homes for a year.
Program Funding Extended Through 2015
The New York State Public Service Commission has approved funding for NYSEG and RG&E to continue the energy efficiency incentives and rebates for residential and business customers through 2015.
For 2012 through 2015, NYSEG and RG&E have a collective goal of reducing annual electricity consumption by an additional 327,920,000 kwh and annual natural gas consumption by an additional 15,148,560 therms through the energy efficiency programs.
2012 Residential Energy Efficiency Programs
• Home Refrigerator Freezer Recycling Program: Offers removal and environmentally-responsible recycling of a second refrigerator or freezer. Participants receive $30 and they can save $150 a year in reduced energy costs.
• Residential Natural Gas Rebate Program: Rebates for installing qualifying natural gas equipment and related control equipment.
• Multi-Family Program: Free installation of compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) in apartments or condominiums. Incentives also cover up to 50% of the cost of lighting upgrades in common areas.
2012 Business Energy Efficiency Programs
• Small Business Energy Efficiency Program: Offers eligible customers a free energy assessment and incentives toward energy-efficient lighting upgrades.
• Commercial and Industrial Rebate Program: Offers eligible customers the opportunity to design custom rebates for their specific energy needs or qualify for predetermined rebates for installing qualifying equipment, including lighting; natural gas furnaces, boilers and controls; unitary HVAC; air-to-air heat pumps; and chillers.
• Block Bidding Program: Similar to an auction, bidders are offered the opportunity to submit proposed energy savings and a bid price to achieve those savings. If the bid is accepted, NYSEG or RG&E will pay the customer if they achieve their energy savings target.
For more information, visit http://www.nyseg.com/Energyefficiencyprograms/default.html or http://www.rge.com/Energyefficiencyprograms/default.html.