RG&E Announces New Hours for Its Rochester Walk-In Offices
– Beginning Monday, December 12, the weekday (Monday through Friday) hours at RG&E’s walk-in offices at 89 East Avenue, Waring Road Plaza, and 400 West Avenue in the City of Rochester are changing to 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. to better serve customers. Saturday hours at the 400 West Avenue office remain unchanged: 9 a.m. to noon.
“Customers told us that opening our walk-in offices in Rochester a half-hour earlier would be more convenient,” said Terri VanBrooker, director - customer service at NYSEG and RG&E. “Many customers said opening earlier would allow them to stop on their way to work or driving their children to school.”
Customers who can’t visit a walk-in office can get 24/7 assistance by visiting RG&E’s website (rge.com) or by calling our self service phone line (1.800.295.7323). Customers also can take advantage of these other convenient ways to pay:
• Enroll in RG&E’s electronic funds transfer (EFT) service by completing the form on the back of the bill payment stub or enroll online at rge.com. With EFT, RG&E will deduct the bill amount due from a customer’s bank account 23 days after RG&E mails the bill.
• Go paper-free with RG&E’s e-Bill service – save stamps, checks and paper. Customers can combine EFT and e-Bill to ensure they never miss a payment.
• Use RG&E’s e-Payment service to make a secure electronic payment from your checking account while still receiving a paper bill. No enrollment or login is needed, pay online at rge.com or call RG&E’s self service line at 1.800.295.7323.
• Make an online credit card payment at rge.com through our approved payment vendor. There is a $4.95 convenience fee for this service.
• Use one of our approved pay agents − and any Walmart or Western Union location nationwide − to have a payment posted the next business day. Pay agents do charge a convenience fee for their service and accept cash, money orders or payments using debit cards with PIN code access (some also accept checks). To locate a pay agent, customers can use our pay agent locator at http://bit.ly/tfvohV
• Pay by mail using the return envelope provided with your billing statement. Or mail your check and money order to:
P.O. Box 11747
Newark, NJ 07101-4747